Spencer, New York



Support SVE athletic fund--please donate!

click here -- Spencer weather report(updated hourly)

Links of Interest....
Spencer-Van Etten School--

Read Todays NEWS in 30 seconds

Van Etten Town & Village Page

Van Etten Hotel page

Spencer picnic



Originally known as Drake's Settlement, it became Spencer in honor of Judge Ambrose Spencer, in 1806. "Pumpkin Hook" was a popular nickname for Spencer, because someone "hooked" steaming pumpkin pies from Mother Purdy's window. The town of Spencer includes Cowell's Corners, Spencer Springs (for a nearby mineral spring), Milltown & Huggtown (now North Spencer). The Seely Company, which ran grist & saw mills, a store, hotel, glove factory & electric company, gave its name to the western part of town, known as Seelytown



For changes or inquiries for this page: mailto:bill@nutmeg.org
This page provided by Nutmeg Computers(updated 9-17-10) *